Backend Developer (On-site/ Turkey-Kadıköy İstanbul)
"Every day when I walk into the office, I am confident that there's a mix of tough technical problems and a brilliant team working together to solve them. Carla is expanding its functionality and customer base faster than any other company I have worked for."- Engineer
Carla is a global mobile car rental platform. We are democratizing car rental for travelers around the world. Our largest market in the US (80%). We match travelers with the best car rental options and also provide add-on features that allow them to rent a car anywhere, anytime.
We are a product-first company, hiring the best talent in technology. We drive growth through product differentiation and innovation.
We have grown 50% month over month in the last few months post-Covid-19. Join us during this exciting time and learn how to take a startup from product-market-fit to scale.
A great opportunity to make a big difference: Join the company's world-class engineering team that is redefining the way people rent cars. As a Software Engineer, you will be directly responsible for designing, implementing, and deploying the complex backend systems that power Carla.
What you'll do:
- You will build a robust and powerful infrastructure that supports millions of dollars in revenue.
- Deliver your initial code within days and improve features in an agile manner
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people and give and receive feedback to grow.
- Turn big opportunities into reality and help Carla rise to the top of the travel industry.
Who you are:
- You have a proven track record in backend engineering positions and have improved the user experience at scale.
- The ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table
- A strong understanding of distributed systems and how architectural decisions impact performance and maintainability
- Proven ability to work in cross-functional teams and collaborate smoothly with Product Managers, Mobile Engineers, and other highly skilled specialists.
- A passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that is performant and scales
- Previous cloud experience (preferably AWS).
- Working with Java, Kotlin, and related libraries.
What do we offer you?
- A well-funded and proven startup with great ambitions, competitive salary, and stock options
- An entrepreneurial culture where pushing boundaries and taking risks is part of the daily routine
- Open communication with management and leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = big impact
You can visit our stack share website: